Trends in August 2021
Top 5 dance and fitness trends in August 2021 - let's begin the countdown!
- Permission to Dance dance challenge took off as YouTube partnered with K-pop global superstar BTS to promote a new video clip feature, Youtube shorts, through a 15-second dance challenge. As part of the challenge, ARMY fans around the world are invited to record a 15-second clip that dances to the group’s hit “Permission to Dance” and upload it to a short video section on YouTube. Dance moves for the challenge should include the international sign language gestures of the words “peace,” “dance,” and “joy” used in the original music video.
2. Another Doja Cat dance took flight as her latest release "Woman" became the dance trend of the month on both Instagram and TikTok. Doja has uploaded a lot of these dance covers on Spotify Canvas for the song. "Such an honor OMG," TikToker @aishuadd, who frequently posts Bharatanatyam (a form of Indian classical dance) dance videos on the app, wrote in the caption of a video reacting to her viral dance cover of "Woman" being the Spotify Canvas cover for the song.
3. At third place comes the 'Apple Bottom Jeans' remix. It's an easy-to-follow dance and very catchy. Hard to stop yourself from giving it a go!
4. Dance and its health benefits are coming to limelight as more people adopt dance as a way to exercise and stay active even during a pandemic. Zumba and wellness dances are on the upward trend!
5. Street Dance of China, a reality TV show with 400 professional street dancers gather at the show to compete for the ultimate title of street dance champion. The four captains build their team of street dancers from the pool of candidates who must survive the various rounds of street dance battles and competitions. This one has been trending worldwide!